Sunday, August 10, 2014

Week 32: Variety

I did a lot of thinking this past week, and I think boredom may be part of why I was finding it so hard to stay on track with my calorie intake these past few months.  I was getting into a rut with the food I was eating, and forgot the promise I made to myself when this all started.  I promised myself I’d try new foods or recipes at least once a week, and now that I think about it, I’ve not done that in quite a while.  I know better, too, because lack of variety in past diets has ultimately led me to throw in the towel.

Well, now that I’ve figured that out, I spent some time searching for some new recipes and have found a couple that I can’t wait to try out this week.  I’ll be making a vegan burrito filling and some avocado fudge.  I found a recipe for vegan spinach pie, too, and will probably get the ingredients to make that later this week.

So, reminder to self: make sure to eat a variety of foods and try something new every once in a while!  Counting calories is less a chore when you’re not bored to death!



No comments:

Post a Comment