Thursday, July 24, 2014

Week 30: Basics


Sometimes, we just have to go back to basics.  

That’s kind of where I am this week after a long string of not so awesome food choices and an injury that is starting to be more trouble than I thought it would be.  I sprained my ankle the day before my last 5K run.  As one would imagine, I ended up running that 5K fairly slowly because the ankle was still tender and running all out on it really wasn’t an option.  Here I am nearly a week and a half later and I’m still not able to run more than 10 minutes or so before the twinges of pain start to warn me that things will get a lot worse if I don’t stop.  I’m going to do some research and try wrapping my ankle in sports tape, but I suspect that while it might help me run a little longer, I’m still going to have to take it easy.  As frustrating as it is, I’m going to have to go back to basic walking for a while and give that ankle time to heal.  




No comments:

Post a Comment