Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Week 22: Year

This post won’t be super long or very in depth—I’m very focused on the 5K I’ll be running this coming Sunday so there’s not a lot of room in my head for much else this week!  I’m a little nervous (this one is much more hilly than the first), but at the same time I’m excited and hopeful that I will run this one faster than the first!

That aside, I think that there is one thing about this week that is definitely noteworthy:  one year ago today I started the journey to better health.   That’s right…it has been an entire year since I started counting calories and exercising.  So much has changed since then!  I’m over 100 pounds lighter and seven (yes, SEVEN!) sizes smaller.   Exercise is something I no longer dread, but rather enjoy.  I’ve made significant dietary changes and feel so much better for it!  And while the journey has sometimes been difficult, it has also been interesting and even fun at times.  I’ve come a long way in that year, and can hardly wait to see where I am after the next.

But first, I’m gonna run that 5K.


No comments:

Post a Comment